Poem

Around the
corner I have a friend,

In this great
city that has no end,

Yet the days go
by and weeks rush on,

And before I
know it, a year is gone.

And I never see
my old friend’s face,

For life is a
swift and terrible race,

He knows
I like him just as well,

As in the days
when I rang his bell.

And he rang
mine but we were younger then,

And now we are
busy, tired men.

Tired of
playing a foolish game,

Tired of trying
to make a name.

' Tomorrow' I
say! 'I will call on Jim

Just to show
that I'm thinking of him.'

But tomorrow
comes and tomorrow goes,

And distance
between us grows and grows.

Around the
corner, yet miles away,

'Here's a
telegram sir,' ' Jim died today.'

And that's what
we get and deserve in the end.

Around the
corner, a vanished friend.


Remember to
always say what you mean.

If you love someone, tell them.



Because when you decide that it is the right time it might be too late..



Seize the day.
Never have regrets.

And most importantly,
stay close to your friends
and family, for they have helped
make you the person that you are today.



SMILE, even through
your tears!!!!!

Comments